Rod Hyland, Principle Assessor.
Rod has experience with panel repair, machinery and heavy motor repair, structural fabrication, crash and paint work, auto dismantling and importation. This experience, along with being a business owner for over 30 years, gives Rod a sound knowledge in automobile structure, how they work, and the results that impact causes.
Fiona Hyland - Managing Director.
Working alongside Rod, Fiona manages the day to day running of the office for Nationwide Assessing. Fiona’s training and experience, support her strong focus on maintaining accurate information and timely responses to all parties. Fiona leads by example and forms a strong team bond with both the employees and customers alike.
Our support network includes Glynn Wilson from V-Cert NZ, along with engineers, metallurgists & testing agencies.
Our staff regularly attend training courses to stay fully up to date with current technology and repair methods.
Rod Hyland (Principal Assessor/Adjuster):
- Specialises in Heavy Motor Machinery, Public Liability, Fire & General and motor claims
- Extensive experience in assessing Fire & General and Marine claims
- Qualified panel beater with over 30 years experience with panel repair, machinery, heavy motor repair, structural fabrication, crash and paint work, auto dismantling and importation
- Assessing since 1991, starting at Wayne Jones & Associates as a director and shareholder
John Westlake (Senior Assessor):
- Specialises in assessment of Heavy Motor and agricultural machinery claims
- Insurance background with FMG and NZI, including policy writing, commercial and domestic sales
- John was previously a Heavy Motor assessor at NZI for numerous years
- An automotive mechanic by trade
- Work experience in NZ and Canada, previously Service Manager at Norwoods
Hendrik (Henk) Maritz (Senior Assessor):
- Specialises in Heavy Motor Machinery and motor claims along with non-motor claims
- Licenced SA Audatex, Audanett, Abuntex user
- Previously National Head of Assessing (Motor and non-Motor) for Bryte (previously Zurich Insurance) in South Africa. Also Claims Procurement since January 2016 and Head of Salvage since January 2018. Assessing since 2004.
- A qualified diesel mechanic with extensive experience
- National Certificate (South Africa) in Diesel Trade & Motor Trade Theory N3
- Training in Nissan Diesel and Toyota Hino maintenance, engine overhaul, tune-up & gearbox maintenance
- Previous owner of a panel beating shop and fuel station, gaining panel beating experience
- Specialises in assessment of motor vehicle claims, assessing since 2015
- NZTA Light Vehicle certifier since 2009
- Experienced panel beater, working on a range of vehicles since 1978
- Specialises in assessment of motorcycle, marine, rural machinery & motor claims
- Extensive experience in assessing motorcycle, ATV, UTV & marine claims
- Qualified motorcycle mechanic with basic engineering & engineering shut down experience
- Experience with panel repair, machinery & heavy motor repair
- Extensive experience in motorcycle after-sales & import/export at distributor level
- Assessing since 2017